LEARN ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Founded by executives from the telecom and aerospace industries, we've built an effective solution to the growing epidemic of distracted driving that "Just Works".
Get To Know Us
Katasi is a Colorado-based company founded in 2010 by former space entrepreneur Scott Tibbitts. The Katasi team has created patented techniques for network-based and vehicle-motion-triggered distracted driving solutions, bringing to life the technologies that make Groove possible.
Plug the Groove module into your car, sync your phone, and that’s it! Groove knows when you’re driving and works with your mobile phone carrier to block distractions until you are safely at your destination.
Groove works with any phone. When you start your drive, distractions and alerts are blocked and saved by your mobile phone carrier. Once you arrive at your destination, full functionality returns to the phone and stored messages are sent.
Meet the K-Team
Founder, Inventor, Storyteller
- 30 years entrepreneurial experience
- CEO / Founder of Starsys Research
- Co-Founder: eSpace Center for Space Entrepreneurship
- Official storyteller at Niwot Elementary School
- Most likely to spend free time in Australia, FINALLY learning to surf
- 30+ years of broad business experience for both large and small companies, including extensive experience as a top performing executive and consultant
Focused, Strategist, Trusted
- 15+ years in IoT and millions of devices
- Cellular carriers, embedded designs and total solutions
- “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower” – Steve Jobs
- Most likely to pedal for hours and have nothing to remember
- 40+ years of senior executive experience including business strategy, managing high-performance teams, running businesses, sales, innovation, fund raising and advisory
Do-er of of everything that needs getting done
- 30 years entrepreneurial and business management experience
- Hard skills are abundant, soft skills are limitless
- Fierce tennis competitor
- Most likely to be up at 2 A.M. watching Roger Federer win the Australia Open live
Programmer & Coder, Chic Industrial Loft Buff
- 8 years Software Development experience
- Expert in big data systems and cloud service architectures
- Writes features, determines how to break them, then builds them better, stronger and faster
- Most likely to find beams and expose them
High-Tech Executive, Fly Fisherman
- 34 years in a number of high-tech companies with executive roles in sales, marketing, strategy, operations and engineering
- President & COO Starboard Storage Systems
- SVP – Seagate Technology
- CSO – Lefthand Networks
- VP/GM Storage Tek
- Most likely to spend six hours on a river getting a trout to think a bundle of horse hair on a hook is a mayfly
Leader, Technical Manager, Outdoorsman
- 12 years Technical Management
- Integrated Product Team Lead – Northrop Grumman
- Experienced Consensus Builder and Crisis Manager
- Most likely to try and start a campfire by rubbing two sticks together
Stopping distracted driving is a team effort. Each member of our company plays an important role.
At Katasi, we value flexible work schedules and work/life balance. We make our hours count, produce quality work during those hours, then go home and play hard. At Katasi, we don't bring our egos. We all have the same goal, after all -- to save lives through preventing distracted driving. We use our unique strengths to support each other to meet this goal.